Face serums – what you need to know
Part of a positive and healthy skincare routine may include incorporating a face serum. For those who are only just embarking on a skincare routine we can help take the guesswork out of what to use and when to use them.
Why you should use a face serum
To begin with, let’s take a look at the reasons why you should use a face serum.
Serums may contain powerful active ingredients that may help you confront various skin concerns. Ingredients may include antioxidants such as vitamins, glycolic acid, licorice root, hyaluronic acid and more.
Nutrient rich serums may offer the skin the best possible method to target specific skin concerns and potentially see visible results.
The benefits of using face serum
Serums are placed on the skin in small drops, after cleansing, and may add a multitude of benefits to the skin. Everyone’s skin may benefit from using a serum of some kind.
Assisting with skin issues
Serums, packed with ingredients that are nutritious for the skin, may provide help with various skin worries, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
Protection against the environment
Being exposed to the outdoors on almost a daily basis means that your skin is open to harsh environments which may cause irritation to the skin. Wind, as well as being exposed to air pollution, may cause dirt and grime to build up on the skin’s surface.
Face serums contain active ingredients such as vitamin C, green tea, and vitamin E that may protect the skin, when applied as a regular skin care routine.
These little serums are generally a very light weight liquid with high concentrations of powerful ingredients. Due to the viscosity of the liquid, it’s usually easily absorbed by the skin in order to start working its magic.
Soothing for the skin
Certain serums, due to their gentleness, may be very good for oilier skin or problematic skin types, as they offer key ingredients that may help to soothe and reduce irritation.
Hydrating for the skin
There are a few hydrating serums on the market, many of which contain a substance called Hyaluronic acid, which may be incredibly hydrating. Adding a hydrating serum such as hyaluronic acid may assist in plumping the skin and helping to retaining moisture. Once the skin continuously retains moisture the result may be less lines and wrinkles, and glowing skin.
There are so many ways in which a face serum may help your appearance. Due to the powerful antioxidants, and nutrients in these little bottles, they may have the ability to help with the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Types of face serums
There are various types of face serum for various skin concerns and types of skin. To identify exactly what type of serum you should use, you may want to consult with a board-certified dermatologist. However, you can identify the active ingredients that could help achieve the skin you have always dreamed of. Here are a few types of face serums:
- Anti-aging serums: These serums may help with collagen production and may help to firm and plump the skin. Added to this, they may help with the appearance of fine lines, and skin tone.
- Skin-brightening serums: Brightening serums are packed full of ingredients like Licorice Root Extract, Coriander Seed oil, and Antioxidants that help to hydrate your skin and give it a glow. Try SeraLabs’ Seratopical Revolution, Gleaming for an added glow – suitable for all skin types.
- Hydrating serums: A hydrating serum may offer deep hydration due to the hyaluronic acid that locks in the water. Hydration is vital for the body, being made up of 70% water.
- Sensitive skin serums: When looking for facial serums that will help with sensitive skin, choose those that will soothe and minimize irritation, also ask a skincare specialist.
- Serums to improve skin texture: Improving skin tone may be achieved by using a serum that contains active ingredients. Glycolic acid is one of these often-used ingredients as it may assist with dead skin cells.
Fitting a face serum into a skincare routine
No matter the serum being used, whether it may be for anti-aging, sensitive skin, for skin hydration or something else, there is a place within the skincare routine to slot this little item.
Cleansing the skin first is important to clear the surface of any leftover impurities from the day and should be done each morning and evening. Once the face is cleansed, a toner may be applied to remove any remaining impurities. Serum may then be applied.
To apply facial serum, pump a small amount into the palm of your hand and gently, in an upward movement, apply to your face and neck.
Once the face serum has had the opportunity to dry, a moisturizer may be applied.
Try to keep the serum away from the eyes unless it is specifically formulated for this sensitive skin area. The SeraLabs Seratopical Revolution Adoring Eye Serum is fortified with Hyaluronic Acid, Coriander, Jojoba and Cranberry Seed Oils, to protect the gentle skin around the eyes.
Most face serums are meant to be used twice a day (morning and evening), however Seratopical Revolution Radiant is the perfect way to end the day, apply before going to bed and leave on overnight, it’s the perfect way to wake up to radiant moisturized skin. Once you have selected a serum or serums to use, you should carefully read the instructions or consult with a board-certified dermatologist.
Looking at SeraLabs Seratopical Revolution
The skincare suite from Seratopical Revolution is packed with many active ingredients which may help skin get to its very best appearance. Two such products are:
- Adoring Eye Serum: fortified with Hyaluronic Acid, Coriander, Jojoba and Cranberry Seed Oils, to help with fine lines and wrinkles, and to help hydrate the gentle skin around the eyes.
- Radiant Face and Neck Serum: our flagship product, this is a non-greasy, nourishing blend of Marula Oil, Argan Oil, Coriander Oil and Sunflower Seed Oil, perfect for all skin types, and can be left on while you sleep at night.